Sheeting and Corrosion Protection at AVI Products
The expertise of R&D was needed to do a complete revamp at AVI Products in Durban.
Corrugated sheeting is the traditional and familiar S-Rib profile for roofing and cladding applications. It is the oldest and most commonly used roofing profile because of its easy handling and fixing properties and related strength. The expertise of R&D was needed to do a complete revamp at AVI Products in Durban.
SHEETING AND CLADDING
- R&D contracting was initially requested by AVI Product to replace the corroded and damaged sheeting. Upon arriving on site, it was assessed that the condition of the actual structure had deteriorated and more than just sheeting replacement was needed to be done.
- A complete revamp was to be done. Steel replacement, corrosion protection and sheeting replacement was specified.
SCOPE OF WORKS
Removal and replacement of corroded members
- The structure had been corroded over time by the chemical reaction caused by animal blood contaminates in the production of Animal food.
Method of repair
- Install new structural member galvanised and painted with anticorrosion coating paint
- Some structural members were able to be saved and had to be grinded down using wire cup brushes and treated
- New structure had to be rebuild
- New sheeting and side cladding was supplied and installed
- Anticorrosion coating paint was applied to fight against or stop corrosion
- Corrosion protective coating was applied to fight against or stop corrosion
Repair was successfully done within a period of 10 days and the client was happy
For further information or for quotations please contact our sales teams